Sunday, February 22, 2009

BORED OUT OF MY MIND...

So I've been waiting in the Rome airport now for the past 13 hours and have officially felt what it feels like to be homeless...




Yep... thrilling. I got here and had to try and find a place for me to lay down because when we arrived it was about 3 am in Korea. There was literally NO ONE around. So, luckily, I found some chairs that had the armrests broken and slept there for a few hours. It was funny though, because when I woke up, I poked my head up from my row and seriously the ENTIRE area was filled with people exactly like me. (Or maybe it was a clan of REAL homeless people and I had no idea...hmm.)

HOWEVER.. I DID say ROME airport, so yes, I will be traveling around Italy this week! :D It's winter break at our school and we found cheap tickets to Rome from Seoul, so put 2 and 2 together and you get one REALLY tired Erds, who's incredibly sick of airports. It won't be long now until one of the girls going with our group gets here. Oh, you're wondering why I didn't travel with them? Ha.. well, it's a LONG story and maybe I'll explain later, but pretty much when you book a flight, make sure you read through your ENTIRE itinerary when you get it in your email.. yeah.. it could save you lots of money and headache.

Ooh, but on the flight I found some interesting things in those magazines. You know the ones where everything is completely overpriced but they're hoping poor souls will actually buy something due to boredom? Ha.. yep. Well, I read COMPLETELY through the magazine because unfortunately our plane isn't quite up to date with the whole technology thing and so for our entire seating area, we had to share a small tv probably a little bigger than the individual ones you get on MOST flights. yeah.. so I had no say in what we watched. In fact, I didn't really watch any of the movies.. except for the looney tunes cartoons that came on later in the flight. I VERY MUCH appreciated that! :D BUT, like I said, I found some interesting articles and artists and would like to share them with you. You know, if you ever feel completely bored, check these out!

www.tracingtea.com ---> Crumpets anyone? I read an interesting article about these guys who are traveling across 3 continents and doing a documentary on tea! They're keeping a blog as they travel through the spring. haha.. That would be an amazing trip, if I do say so myself!

www.richardhutten.com ---> He's an artist with some pretty sweet ideas. Sort of crazy, but I loved the leaf magnets. Haha.. I guess some companies have filled their ceilings with these small 3D leaf magnets.. awesome. (they didn't have them on the website, so I posted a picture of them.. crazy cool!



www.yukenteruyastudio.com ---> Yuken Teruya is pretty awesome! He takes everyday objects and makes are out of them! Check out his toilet paper roll designs. Wow. Here's a picture...



Alright, I'll leave you now with a quote from the "AMAZING" information videos they show on the airplane.. this one had to do with emergency evacuations, if there were to be any.

"When leaving the aircraft, high heeled shoes should be removed."

Haha.. Seriously? I think if the plane's going down- I'm jumping with my shoes ON!

Hugs, Blessings, and EXTREMELY long layovers,

Erds

No comments: