Sunday, August 16, 2009

CARIBBEAN BAY!

WOW.

That is all I have to say. Craziness ensued, as I expected. However, it wasn't all smooth sailing.

We arrived at Everland/Caribbean bay around noon and soon realized what we had gotten ourselves into. Saturday was August 15... which also happened to be Korea's Liberation Day... which means EVERYONE picked up and traveled somewhere.. and seeing that it was nearly 95 degrees out.. I think nearly 1/2 of Korea's population decided to venture to the water park. We found this out due to the masses of people waiting to actually get inside. We had to pick up a "waiting card" which would let us inside at 5pm. Sooo... what to do til then?

Lucky for us, there were foreigners standing near us who said that if we just bought the full day pass for the water park, they would let us go into Everland for the beginning of the day! EUREKA! Everland is the greatest! They have a wooden ride called the T-Express. I didn't have a camera this time, but if you want to see the ride, look back at my blog entries. I think there's one titled "A CHRISTMAS MIRACLE" and I recorded the entire experience. It's seriously a great ride. And I love coasters. I wish my roller coaster buff family could experience this with me.



So we sweated the ENTIRE afternoon and once it hit 5pm we booked on over to the water park and were herded through 2 lines and finally entered the wonderland of fun called Caribbean Bay. Finding a locker was a pretty big task and once Steph and I actually found one.. well.. I'm not going to go much into detail.. but trying to change into a swim suit in an EXTREMELY overcrowded lockeroom with hundreds of sweaty bodies...is NOT the greatest... oh goodness...

The wave pool was ENORMOUS and was actually quite creepy due to the HUGE waves. (err... wave. They wouldn't actually have tons of waves all at once, the siren would sound and a HUGE tidal wave would come flying towards you. But because it was so crowded the wave was just a sea of life-jacket-wearing Koreans sporting swim caps! haha...) I didn't have a camera.. but this video will give you an idea of what we encountered..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gVGPTWuq3J4

Just. Plain. Awesome.

We rode a water slide that was more like a roller coaster too.. haha.. and then you can't forget the lazy river! :D

I'm glad to be back.. but BOY was that fun!

Hugs, Blessings, and swimmers ear!

Sarah

No comments: